Terms and Conditions - San Cristobal UK
- Your contractual agreement is with Old Havana Ltd., trading as San Cristobal UK which is an independent Tour Operator, registered as a limited company in England and Wales; number: 4704300 at Palladium House, 1 - 4 Argyll Street, London W1F 7LD and will only accept bookings subject to the following conditions,
- Old Havana Ltd; will make every reasonable effort to supply the services requested. However, it is must be emphasized such services carry a possibility that accommodation, transport schedules etc., may be subject to changes beyond our control and can arise at short notice and accordingly, it is a condition of any booking with us that this is acknowledged.
- When you make a booking you guarantee that you are over 18 years and have the authority to accept these terms and conditions, including on behalf of your party. Try to check the documentation carefully to confirm that it is materially the same as you requested.
- This contract is made on the terms of these conditions which are governed by English Law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Booking Terms and Conditions
- When you buy an ATOL protected air holiday package [and/or flights] from Old Havana Ltd (t/as San Cristobal UK) you will receive a Confirmation Invoice from us confirming your arrangements and your protection under our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 9627. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking.
- For further information visit
ATOL website. The price of our air holiday packages includes the amount of £2.50
per person as part of the ATOL Protection Contribution (APC) we pay to the CAA.
This charge is included in our advertised prices. Not all holiday or travel services
offered and sold by us will be protected by the ATOL Scheme. Please
ask usto confirm what protection may apply to your booking.
ATOL - Your Financial Protection
Secure your Booking
- Prior to making the reservation, a standard deposit of £250 per person is required.
- However, when making an "accommodation only" booking, 50% of the total amount will be required.
- Any additional deposit paid by you is subject to the same cancellation conditions as the standard deposit.
- In the case where the airline policy states that tickets have to be issued within 72 hours or 14 days of reservations being made, we reserve the right to request an increase in the amount of the deposit payable. You will be informed of this at the time of the enquiry. Once tickets have been issued the airline policy is that they are non-refundable.
- Clients making a booking by telephone or email will be considered to have read the booking conditions.
- Old Havana Ltd., reserves the right to refuse any booking at their discretion, without providing a reason.
Payment for Services
- Your deposit will be held towards the full cost of the service. The balance must be received by us no later than 10 weeks prior to the departure date. In the case of holidays booked less than 10 weeks before departure the full cost must be received by us within 7 days of sending the written confirmation invoice.
- In the case of non-payment of the outstanding balance by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain the deposit to cover the costs we will have incurred.
- Payments can be made by debit card, credit card, cheque or bank transfer. If payment is made by credit or debit card, Barclaycard retain the funds for 30 days and as we incur additional costs charged to us by them, a 4% surcharge equating to same will be passed on to you. Payment is in UK "sterling" pounds unless otherwise stated, you will. charged in the currency of your card.
- If your booking is made via our website, unless otherwise agreed, your card will not be debited until all services have been confirmed. Your card statement will show that money was paid to San Cristobal UK.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Price for Services
- The cost of services may be subject to surcharges on items such as: governmental action, currency fluctuation, aircraft fuel cost increases, airport taxes and changes in scheduled airfares.
If you change the booking
- If you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way after our confirmation invoice has been issued, for example, the departure date or accommodation, we will attempt to make these changes but it may not be possible. Any request must be confirmed in writing from the person who made the booking, whom will be required to pay an administration fee of £30.00, plus any additional cost we incur in making this change.
- Please note: Specific travel arrangements, for example our contracted air fares may not be changeable after a reservation has been made. Any such changes could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that component of the reservation.
- We will not be held liable or pay any compensation where the performance of our contractual agreement is prohibited by Force Majeure. Force Majeure is when, an event which we or our agents cannot foresee or avoid. Such situations may include war, civil strike, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions and technical problems with transport.
If you cancel the Booking
- You or any other member of your party may cancel the arrangements at any time, only if written confirmation from the person who made the reservation is received by us.
- As we will incur costs in cancelling the arrangements, a cancellation charge will be applicable to be paid by you as set out below. The charge will be calculated according to the date when we receive a written confirmation of the cancellation. The charges are based upon a part of the total cost of the holiday, as per our invoice excluding non-refundable air tickets already issued, air taxes and visas, as follows:
- If the cause for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you should be able to recover these charges.
No. of Days Before Departure
More than 56 days
Between 56 and 42 days
Between 41 and 28 days
Between 27 and 15 days
Less than 14 days
If we change or cancel our services
- It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your booked arrangements. However, we do reserve the right at any time to make these changes which may include flights, accommodation, transport or services. These changes are usually insignificant (e.g. a flight time change of less than 12 hours, change of accommodation etc), but if not, we will advise you as soon as possible before your departure.
- We also reserve the right in any situation to cancel some arrangements. For example, if the minimum number of customers required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached. Though, we will endeavor to inform you of any changes in advance to your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the balance. If we are unable to provide you with the agreed package, you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements of similar standard from us; if available. We will reimburse any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value.
- We are under no obligation to offer any compensation through issues which are out of our control.
Passports and Visas
- Passport, Visa and any other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant embassies and/or consulates. All passports should be valid for at least six months after the date of your return. We will provide assistance and advice in acquiring visas and permission to enter countries to the best of our knowledge but we cannot in any situation be held liable if you or members of your party are not granted a visa or are declined entry into any country. We will not accept any responsibility or reimburse any money in cases where you are unable to travel because of an invalid or misplaced visa or passport.
- If you have a problem whilst you are abroad, please notify our local representative immediately who will endeavor to rectify same. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 14 days of completion of our services, by writing to us. Please keep your letter brief and to the point, as this will assist us to identify your concerns and speed up our reply to you. If you do not follow this procedure, we will unable to look into and resolve your complaint, which may affect your rights under this contract.
- It is now compulsory to carry adequate travel and medical insurance as soon as you have confirmed the booking to Cuba. We do not sell such insurance.
- If the services are not properly carried out by us or our suppliers, excluding Airlines, such that this has affected your enjoyment we will pay you suitable compensation. However, we will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract is due to: you a member of your party; or a third party unrelated with the provision of the travel arrangements and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or due to unusual situations beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
- Our liability shall be limited to a maximum of the cost of your travel arrangements.
- Under EU law you may have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights.
- Please note that in cases of delays any compensation depends entirely up to the airline. Also reimbursement in such cases is the responsibility of the airline and will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us.
- If your airline does not comply with these rules you should complain to the Air Transport Users' Council on +44 (0) 20 7240 6061 www.auc.org.uk
- Bedding arrangements (twin beds, double beds and the like) are requested to Hotels on your behalf, but can only be guaranteed by the Hotels themselves at the time of check in, depending on availability. We will not be liable if Hotels are unable to provide the specific arrangements requested
- When booking budget Hotels, we recommend that you check dedicated websites for reports on standard of services and location to ensure satisfaction with your choice. Budget Hotels are generally very basic and we will only book them for you if you ask for such. We, therefore, do not accept any liability for complaints regarding location or quality of their services as we were following your request.